Montreal Grilled Chicken - Garlic Green Beans -
Veggie Salad - Rosemary Quinoa
**** As I am learning more about cleaner eating... I am taking one step at a time. The McCormick seasoning does not say gluten free, but it's ingredients seem good with seasonings but also includes sulfiting agents. These are safe for most people, but can be dangerous to those who may have sensitivity to sulfites. I found some information on what McCormick says about their product being gluten free... check it out here.
Grain Free - Black Bean Brownies w/peppermint! Yummylicious!
First Snow Day Taco Soup!
1 small can of diced chilis
Grain Free Sandwich Bread Recipe (Paleo & SCD)
- 1 cup smooth raw cashew butter at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, separated (mine weighed about 9 ounces in their shells)
- ½ to 2 tablespoons honey (use 2tbl if you plan to use if for sweeter dishes like french toast)
- 2.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. For a white colored loaf as in the photo, place a small dish of water on the bottom rack.
- Line the bottom of an 8.5×4.5 glass loaf pan with parchment paper, then spread a very thin coating of coconut oil on the sides of the pan.
- Beat the cashew butter with the egg yolks, then add the honey, vinegar, and milk. I’ve done this with both electric hand beaters and a stand mixer and both seem to work equally as well. I would not try to make this by hand due to the stickiness of the butter.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until peaks form. I used an electric hand mixer, but if you want a bicep workout, you can also do it by hand.
- Combine the dry ingredients in another small bowl. Sorry for all of the dishes!
- Make sure your oven is completely preheated before adding the egg whites and the dry ingredients to the cashew butter mixture. You don’t want your whites to fall, and the baking soda will activate once it hits the eggs and vinegar.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and beat until combined. This will result in more of a wet batter than a dough. Make sure to get all of the sticky butter mixture off of the bottom of the bowl so you don’t end up with clumps.
- Pour the beaten egg whites into the cashew butter mixture, beating again until just combined. You don’t have to be gentle with this, but don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, then immediately put it into the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t be tempted to open the oven door anytime before 40 minutes, as this will allow the steam to escape and you will not get a properly risen loaf.
- Remove from the oven, then let cool for 15-20 minutes. Use a knife to free the sides from the loaf pan, then flip it upside down and release the loaf onto a cooling rack. Cool right-side up for an hour before serving.
- Wrap the loaf up tightly and store in the fridge for 1 week. I actually think the loaf gets better as the days go on.
Grain-Free Sweet Potato Muffins
Vegetarian Quiche - SUPER DELICIOUS!!!
Can be made with variations...(and easy!)
Not ALL my recipes will necessarily be "healthy"
German Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies with nuts
From Stephanie Barton’s Kitchen to yours -
1 lb ground beef 1 Lg Onion, diced
Salt, pepper, garlic powder
Brown ground beef in your large pan or stew pot with seasonings and onion.
8 cups of water with 3 Tbsp. of beef bouillion powder (I used some from Alison’s Pantry) and
3/4cup of uncooked rice
Bring pot to a boil on high, then turn down to med/high heat to simmer.
Peel and dice:
6 lg carrots 2 sm – med potatoes - add to the pot
Core and dice:
1 anaheim pepper - add to the pot
Add: 1 -15 oz can of diced tomatoes w/garlic and onions
Sprinkle in a little cumin and parsley and a dash of cayenne pepper.
You may want to add a little more water if it becomes too thick – use your judgement.
Let pot simmer for about 20 minutes until carrots and potatoes are tender.
I topped mine with cheese and served with tortilla chips!
Posted by Stephanie at 11:09 AM 0 comments