Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Bit of Splash Colorful Tossed Salad

I love to add a splash of color to things for a better presentation....talking about salad here, life is good that way too though! Last night, my son liked my salad just fine...was in a hurry, so it was lettuce, grated cheese and ranch! Wooo hooo, what design, what style, what a BORING way to eat lettuce!!! Holy Cow!  Today for lunch, I decided to brighten up some fish sticks (I know, real gourmet!), with a beautiful salad!  I just took a head of romaine and chopped it up, rinsed and put in the spinner..then took the spinner out and just used the bowl for my salad.  Added, a small can of manderine oranges, a handfull or two of craisins, 2 green onions chopped, a handfull of chopped walnuts, a half a red apple cut-up small, a sprinkle of feta cheese, and a splash of Balsamic Vinegar.  Toss it all up and whallahhh! It was so yummy. It was fun to dress it up a bit for lunch and not hard to do.  Enjoy this idea - maybe it will make life a little more colorful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment