Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Challenges - Curagious Changes... What are yours?

Challenges face each and every one of us EVERY day! Have you noticed? Some challenges are emotional; some physical...some financial...some family...work...schedules...relationships... the list can go on and on.  The key is to not let challenges overcome your determination and focus.  Embrace that which places challenge before you and use it to develop strength and heighten your perseverance to keep moving in a forward direction...with LIFE as it is presented to you. The idea is to keep on that road and celebrate the times you made it around one of the curves or uphill battles :0)




I am going to focus a lot of my posts in the next month on facing challenges.  I hope that if you relate to any of them, you can either share your experiences with me - to share with others so we can band together as a supportive community of people just trying to put the next foot in front of the other!I am not a doctor or healthcare provider.  I am simply a person who cares about improving my health and wellness, and sharing it with others.  Let's start with a firm focus forward!


A Personal Challenge:
When I am faced with challenges, I try to take just one step at a time.... My Next Best Thing.  A good friend said that to me once, and it stuck! So what is your challenge? What is your next best thing? Just one... after that has been mastered and fits with life...go on to the Next Best Thing.

It was about four years ago when I made a life changing challenge decision.  I was feeling sluggish all the time, I had no energy, I was out of breath quickly, I couldn't run...I could hardly even walk fast...SOMETHING had to change.  I needed to exercise more.  I needed to eat better.  There were so many things I was sure I needed to do and I just felt so overwhelmed I wanted to just sit down and cry.  Where would I even begin? This was MY personal step forward.  I gave up drinking soda.  It was difficult for me to do.  I had been to a point at one time where that was almost ALL I was drinking.  I cut back a little at a time.  Then soon I was down to one a day, 1/2 a day, then every other day.  Once I kicked it, I couldn't believe the difference it made for me!  I was able to start moving in a forward motion with tackling other things that were in my way of setting and achieving my goals.  It has been about five years now and I am feeling great!

So this is Today's CHALLENGE:

If you are a soda drinker, start reducing your consumption of soda TODAY!

Struggling with this challenge? Let's get through it together! I am always looking up and researching ideas for getting through certain issues this way - other readers may also have some good ideas!

Here are some things you may not have thought about:
What are the BENEFITS you feel you are getting from drinking soda - BE HONEST!! For me, the only benefit I could honestly tell you that I just liked the ZIP it gave me in my mouth! LOL - That was it for me.  So, What does it do for you??

NOW - Let's talk about some of the RISKS of drinking soda:




These are just a few - I am sure most people know it just isn't good for you, but here's the deal...for ME - I can notice a difference like night and day in my running endurance if I do drink soda...Remember the Challenge - GIVE IT A TRY!!! 21 days makes a habit...I DARE YOU!!


No comments:

Post a Comment